Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sunny Day on the Cove

Last June, I went to Monhegan Island to paint. It was a tough week to be there. It was cloudy and rained most of the time, which is not my favorite weather to paint in. One day, the sun decided to pop out and we all went down to Lobster Cove to paint. I was so excited to be out there in such beautiful weather, I had this great burst of energy and I did this painting in less than 45 minutes. To top off the day, this whale decided to pay us a visit and we stood and watched her come up and down as she passed us by only a short distance from the shore where we stood. Now, that's my idea of a perfect day!
6"x6" Oil on Gessobord

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! I like your surf. Beautiful colors in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting. I love the action of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the movement in the water. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments about the painting. I love the ocean and I find the greatest joy standing on the shore painting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW this is really good,keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. I don't know how you can paint moving water like that.

    ReplyDelete