Wednesday, September 21, 2011

House On the Hill

I just returned from a fantastic week on Monhegan Island working as Stan Moeller's Assistant at his annual September painting workshop. We had great sunny weather for the most part. I normally paint a lot of seascapes while I am there, but this time I focused on the trees and houses. This first painting I am posting was executed on a very warm sunny day. I found sanctuary in a shady grove of pine trees. I set up my easel and decided to just paint what was straight ahead. I turned my easel to the side and painted another and repeated the process. I produced three paintings that day. It was like heaven being outdoors in the cool shade on such a beautiful hot fall day. I will post the other two paintings in the next few days.

                                                               "House On the Hill"
                                                          9" x 12" Oil on Linen Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment